Film, Video George Lewis on his Library of Congress Commission, "The Mangle of Practice"
About this Item
- George Lewis on his Library of Congress Commission, "The Mangle of Practice"
- George Lewis discusses his Library of Congress commission, "The Mangle of Practice," which received its world premiere (with Ensemble Dal Niente) at the Library of Congress in commemoration of founding patron Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge's 150th birthday.
- Event Date
- October 30, 2014
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 57 minutes 22 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
George Lewis on his Library of Congress Commission, "The Mangle of Practice". 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6667/.
APA citation style:
(2014) George Lewis on his Library of Congress Commission, "The Mangle of Practice". [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6667/.
MLA citation style:
George Lewis on his Library of Congress Commission, "The Mangle of Practice". 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6667/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBrian Ferneyhough & James Baker Interview
- Contributor: Ferneyhough, Brian - Baker, James
- Date: 2016-03-11
Film, VideoMaria Schneider on "Data Lords"
- Contributor: Schneider, Maria
- Date: 2016-04-15
Film, VideoOpus 90: Celebrating 90 Years of Concerts from the Library of Congress
- Contributor: McLean, Anne
- Date: 2015-01-23
Film, VideoHip Hop in East Germany During the Cold War
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas A. - Schmieding, Leonard
- Date: 2015-05-19
Film, VideoConversation with Pontus Lidberg
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas A. - Lidberg, Pontus
- Date: 2016-04-01