Film, Video The Bill of the Century: A Literary Discussion with Clay Risen
About this Item
- The Bill of the Century: A Literary Discussion with Clay Risen
- Clay Risen discusses his book "The Bill of the Century: The Epic Struggle for the Civil Rights Act" (2014).
- Event Date
- January 28, 2015
- - Clay Risen, a senior editor with the New York Times, is the author of "A Nation on Fire: America in the Wake of the King Assassination" and "The Bill of the Century: The Epic Struggle for the Civil Rights Act."
- Related Resources
- Serial & Government Publications Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/
- Law Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/law/
- "The Civil Rights Act of 1964" Exhibition: http://loc.gov/exhibits/civil-rights-act/
- Running Time
- 58 minutes, 20 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Bill of the Century: A Literary Discussion with Clay Risen. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6764/.
APA citation style:
(2015) The Bill of the Century: A Literary Discussion with Clay Risen. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6764/.
MLA citation style:
The Bill of the Century: A Literary Discussion with Clay Risen. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6764/>.