Film, Video Ara Dinkjian & Zulal: Traditional Armenian Music & Song
About this Item
- Ara Dinkjian & Zulal: Traditional Armenian Music & Song
- In Armenian, Zulal means "clear water". Zulal, the New York-based a cappella trio, takes Armenia's village folk melodies and weaves intricate arrangements that pay tribute to the rural roots of the music while introducing contemporary lyricism and energy. The trio celebrates the trials and joys of old Armenian village life: Budding romances in elevated gardens, the disappointments of hapless suitors, secret messages placed upon the western winds, the moonlit faces of shepherd boys and their brides.
- May 28, 2015
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Homegrown Concert Series: https://www.loc.gov/concerts/folklife/
- 1 hours 2 minutes 8 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ara Dinkjian & Zulal: Traditional Armenian Music & Song. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6785/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Ara Dinkjian & Zulal: Traditional Armenian Music & Song. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6785/.
MLA citation style:
Ara Dinkjian & Zulal: Traditional Armenian Music & Song. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6785/>.