Film, Video Stradivari Violas at the Library of Congress
About this Item
- Stradivari Violas at the Library of Congress
- Jessica Bodner, Kikuei Ikeda, Carol Lynn Ward-Bamford and John Montgomery discuss the Library's two Stradivari violas, the 1690 "Tuscan-Medici" and the 1727 "Cassavetti."
- Event Date
- December 18, 2013
- - Carol Lynn Ward-Bamford is the curator of musical instruments at the Library of Congress.
- - Kikuei Ikeda is the violist for the Tokyo String Quartet.
- - Jessica Bodner is the violist for the Parker String Quartet.
- - John Montgomery is a violin maker, instrument dealer and luthier based in North Carolina. He is an expert on the Library???s stringed instrument collection.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 55 minutes 28 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stradivari Violas at the Library of Congress. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6811/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Stradivari Violas at the Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6811/.
MLA citation style:
Stradivari Violas at the Library of Congress. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6811/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoParker String Quartet with Kikuei Ikeda, Viola The 2013 Stradivari Anniversary Concert featured the Parker String Quartet and violist Kikuei Ikeda performing on the Library's Stradivari instruments. The quartet performed Mendelssohn's String Quartet no. 3 in D major, op....
- Contributor: Ikeda, Kikuei - Parker String Quartet
- Date: 2013-12-18
Film, VideoGeorge Crumb & David Starobin A conversation with composer George Crumb on his American Songbooks cycle with a longtime friend, Bridge Records producer David Starobin.
- Contributor: Crumb, George - Starobin, David
- Date: 2011-04-28
Film, VideoHarold Meltzer & William Anderson Harold Meltzer talks about his new work with Cygnus founder William Anderson.
- Date: 2012-02-03
Film, VideoRonen Givony & Tyondai Braxton Wordless Music founder and artistic director Ronen Givony and composer Tyondai Braxton discuss their work.
- Contributor: Braxton, Tyondai - Givony, Ronen
- Date: 2011-03-10
Film, VideoGretchen Parlato & Gerald Clayton Interviewed Larry Appelbaum of the Library's Music Division talks with musicians Gretchen Parlato and Gerald Clayton.
- Contributor: Parlato, Gretchen - Clayton, Gerald
- Date: 2011-12-02