Film, Video Why Literature Matters: 2015 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Why Literature Matters: 2015 National Book Festival
- In an age that would argue that more vital priorities prevail, why does literature matter? Three very different thinkers (Jane Hirshfield, Azar Nafisi and Jeffrey Brown) came together at the 2015 National Book Festival to talk about the transformational power of the imagination and how it speaks to the most vibrant questions of our time: revolution, dissent, success, failure, abundance, poverty, war, community and the abiding human quest for meaning.
- September 05, 2015
- - Jeffrey Brown is a renowned journalist who has just published a collection of poetry.
- - Azar Nafisi is a bestselling memoirist scholar.
- - Jane Hirshfield is a poet and literary critic.
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- 43 minutes 58 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Why Literature Matters:National Book Festival. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6822/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Why Literature Matters:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6822/.
MLA citation style:
Why Literature Matters:National Book Festival. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6822/>.