Film, Video The Preservation Directorate at the Library of Congress
About this Item
- The Preservation Directorate at the Library of Congress
- Conservators with the Library's Preservation Emergency Response Team explain and demonstrate how the Library of Congress prepares for and responds to emergencies that threaten or damage collections, in particular, for dealing with water-damaged collections. This video includes a brief description of the broad range of preservation activities undertaken by the Library's Preservation Directorate.
- Event Date
- September 14, 2015
- Related Resources
- Preservation at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Running Time
- 12 minutes 50 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Preservation Directorate at the Library of Congress. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6828/.
APA citation style:
(2015) The Preservation Directorate at the Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6828/.
MLA citation style:
The Preservation Directorate at the Library of Congress. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6828/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoPreservación del Patrimonio Nacional en La Biblioteca del Congreso
- Contributor: Haley, Alan
- Date: 2015-09-14
Film, VideoHeritage Emergency Management & the Florence Flood Federal Programs National Initiatives
- Contributor: Robb, Andrew
- Date: 2016-04-22
Film, VideoHermitage Photograph Conservation Initiative
- Contributor: Pourchot, Eric - Robb, Andrew - Sayatina, Tatiana - Bernier, Brenda - Messier, Paul
- Date: 2014-04-11
Film, VideoIntegrating Analytical Tools in Treatment Decision-making for Verdigris Corrosion
- Contributor: Brostoff, Lynn - Bertonaschi, John - Albro, Sylvia
- Date: 2013-07-10
Film, VideoBuilding a Custom Storage Box
- Contributor: None
- Date: 2017-04-10