Film, Video 21st Poet Laureate Inaugural Reading: Juan Felipe Herrera
About this Item
- 21st Poet Laureate Inaugural Reading: Juan Felipe Herrera
- 21st Poet Laureate Consultant Juan Felipe Herrera kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month with his inaugural reading.
- Event Date
- September 15, 2015
- - Juan Felipe Herrera is the 2015-2016 Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry at the Library of Congress. In 2012, he was named poet laureate of California. Herrera is a winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award for "Half the World in Light" and has received fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Guggenheim Foundation. In 1990, Herrera was a distinguished teaching fellow at the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop and he has taught elsewhere, including in prisons. He is the author of more than 25 books of poetry, novels for young adults and collections for children, most recently "Portraits of Hispanic American Heroes," a picture book showcasing inspirational Hispanic and Latino Americans. Herrera's most recent collection of poems is "Senegal Taxi."
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 32 minutes, 28 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
21st Poet Laureate Inaugural Reading: Juan Felipe Herrera. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6840/.
APA citation style:
(2015) 21st Poet Laureate Inaugural Reading: Juan Felipe Herrera. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6840/.
MLA citation style:
21st Poet Laureate Inaugural Reading: Juan Felipe Herrera. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6840/>.