Film, Video Stockhausen's "Mantra"
About this Item
- Stockhausen's "Mantra"
- Musicologist Paul Miller discusses Karlheinz Stockhausen's landmark work "Mantra", in conjunction with a performance given at the Library of Congress by Katherine Chi and Aleksandar Madzar.
- Event Date
- April 24, 2015
- - Paul Miller is a Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow in Music Theory, visiting faculty at Cornell University. He is a music theorist and musicologist interested in serial music, baroque music, historical performance practice, pedagogy and the works of Stockhausen. He holds degrees from Vassar College and the Eastman School of Music.
- Related Resources
- Concert: https://www.loc.gov/concerts/
- Running Time
- 41 minutes 31 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stockhausen's "Mantra". 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6852/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Stockhausen's "Mantra". [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6852/.
MLA citation style:
Stockhausen's "Mantra". 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6852/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with Colin Currie & Nicolas Hodges Paul Miller, visiting assistant professor of musicianship at Duquesne University discusses the evening's program of music by Karlheinz Stockhausen (1928-2007), Harrison Birtwistle (b. 1934) and Morton Feldman (1926-1987). He is joined by...
- Contributor: Pylar, David - Miller, Paul - Currie, Collin - Hodges, Nicolas
- Date: 2018-03-24
Film, VideoWarn the Duke: The Sarajevo Assassination in History, Memory & Myth How has the Sarajevo assassination been remembered, represented and imagined since it first entered human consciousness as an act of world historical significance? By examining literature, film, monuments, museums and history writing...
- Contributor: Miller, Paul
- Date: 2016-06-17
Film, VideoStradivari Violas at the Library of Congress Jessica Bodner, Kikuei Ikeda, Carol Lynn Ward-Bamford and John Montgomery discuss the Library's two Stradivari violas, the 1690 "Tuscan-Medici" and the 1727 "Cassavetti."
- Contributor: Montgomery, John - Ikeda, Kikuei - Ward-Bamford, Carol - Bodner, Jessica
- Date: 2013-12-18
Film, VideoMaking Show Boat: Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein II & the Power of Performers Part of the American Musicological Society-Library of Congress lecture series, musicologist Todd Decker discusses his research into the creation of the hit Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II musical "Show Boat." Decker's...
- Contributor: Decker, Todd
- Date: 2013-03-19
Film, VideoPre-Concert Conversation with Kim Kashkashian & Péter Nagy A pre-concert conversation with Kim Kashkashian and Péter Nagy.
- Contributor: Kashkashian, Kim - Nagy, Péter
- Date: 2015-03-13