Film, Video Open Mic: Interview with Fiona Ritchie
About this Item
- Open Mic: Interview with Fiona Ritchie
- Nancy Groce interviews Scottish broadcaster Fiona Ritchie about her career on both sides of the Atlantic and her experiences researching "Wayfaring Stranger: The Musical Voyage from Scotland and Ulster to Appalachia."
- July 14, 2015
- - Nancy Groce is a folklorist in the American Folklife Center of the Library of Congress.
- - Scottish broadcaster Fiona Ritchie is the founder, producer, and host of National Public Radio's influential hour-long weekly program, "The Thistle & Shamrock." She was awarded an MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) by Queen Elizabeth in 2014.
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- 1 hours 3 minutes 29 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Open Mic: Interview with Fiona Ritchie. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6864/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Open Mic: Interview with Fiona Ritchie. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6864/.
MLA citation style:
Open Mic: Interview with Fiona Ritchie. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6864/>.