Film, Video Creole United: African American Creole Music from Louisiana
About this Item
- Creole United: African American Creole Music from Louisiana
- Creole United performs a concert of creole music from southwest Louisiana.
- Event Date
- July 29, 2015
- - Creole United is a group representing three generations of Louisiana Creole music culture. The members consider themselves the keepers of the music culture of the Southwest Louisiana Creoles. This mix of musical styles originated among the French-speaking African Americans of the lower Mississippi, with influences of Cajun, African, and Spanish music.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center : https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 10 minutes 30 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Creole United: African American Creole Music from Louisiana. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7052/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Creole United: African American Creole Music from Louisiana. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7052/.
MLA citation style:
Creole United: African American Creole Music from Louisiana. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7052/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEsma Redžepova & Folk Masters Play Romani (Gypsy) & Macedonian Music
- Contributor: The Folk Masters - Redžepova, Esma
- Date: 2016-04-20
Film, VideoSoumya Chakraverty & Devapriya Nayak: Traditional Hindustani Music from Virginia
- Contributor: Nayak (Debu), Devapriya - Chakraverty, Soumya
- Date: 2016-05-06
Film, VideoD.W. Groethe
- Contributor: Groethe, D.W.
- Date: 2005-07-20
Film, VideoCarter Family Tribute
- Contributor: Carter Family
- Date: 2005-09-20
Film, VideoTreasures from the Archive Roadshow: Featuring the Down Hill Strugglers & John Cohen
- Contributor: Cohen, John - The Down Hill Strugglers
- Date: 2015-09-25