Film, Video Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago
About this Item
- Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago
- A concert by Mexican folk music group Sones de México Ensemble.
- Event Date
- September 16, 2015
- - Sones de México Ensemble specializes in Mexican son, a genre encompassing the roots of mariachi music and other regional styles, including huapango, gustos, chilenas, son jarocho, and more. The ensemble was formed in Chicago in 1994 and soon incorporated as a non-profit organization to keep the tradition of Mexican 'son' alive in its many regional forms.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 9 minutes 8 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7057/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7057/.
MLA citation style:
Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7057/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoKiu Haghighi with Tooraj Moshref-Zadeh: Persian Santour and Tombak Music from Illinois Persian hammered dulcimer (santour) virtuoso Kiu Haghighi is accompanied by Tooraj Moshref-Zadeh on the tombak, a Persian drum.
- Contributor: Haghighi, Kiu
- Date: 2011-07-20
Film, VideoCantos de mi canton (Songs from My Home): Chicano Music from California In a concert in celebration of Hispanic American Heritage Month, Agustin Lira and Alma & Quetza perform.
- Contributor: Alma, Agustin Lira and - Quetzal (Band), Quetzal
- Date: 2011-09-14
Film, VideoMarimba Linda Xelaju: Guatemalan Marimba Music from Maryland Marimba Linda Xelaju performs traditional Guatemalan marimba.
- Contributor: Xelaju, Marimba Linda
- Date: 2010-09-15
Film, VideoSteve Meisner Band Accordion polka concert with the Steve Meisner Band.
- Contributor: Meisner, Steve
- Date: 2010-08-25
Film, VideoBalla Kouyate & World Vision: Traditional Malian Music from Massachusetts Balla Kouyate is a griot and virtuoso player of the balaphon. Considered the predecessor of the xylophone and the first Mande instrument, the balafon is made up of wood slats of varying...
- Contributor: Kouyate, Balla
- Date: 2010-04-28