Film, Video Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago
About this Item
- Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago
- A concert by Mexican folk music group Sones de México Ensemble.
- Event Date
- September 16, 2015
- - Sones de México Ensemble specializes in Mexican son, a genre encompassing the roots of mariachi music and other regional styles, including huapango, gustos, chilenas, son jarocho, and more. The ensemble was formed in Chicago in 1994 and soon incorporated as a non-profit organization to keep the tradition of Mexican 'son' alive in its many regional forms.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 9 minutes 8 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7057/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7057/.
MLA citation style:
Sones de México Ensemble: Mexican American Music & Dance from Chicago. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7057/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOral History with Harmonia Band Members of "Harmonia" discuss the band's origins and the traditional folk music of Eastern Europe.
- Contributor: Fedoriouk, Alexander - Mikhailovich, Walt - Austin, Thea - Pidkivka, Andrei
- Date: 2013-07-11
Film, VideoNorthern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers Concert by the Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers.
- Contributor: Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Date: 2013-08-07
Film, VideoKalanidhi Dance: Traditional Kuchipudi from Maryland Kalanidhi Dance Company was founded in 2005. Its artistic approach is to explore creative and contemporary ideas through the vocabulary of Kuchipudi, while retaining the essence and integrity of the classical form....
- Contributor: Kalanidhi Dance Company
- Date: 2013-08-14
Film, VideoLos Texmaniacs: Traditional Conjunto Dance Music from Texas Los Texmaniacs mix the simplest yet finest ingredients of Texas music to create a sound solidly rooted in tradition, exploding with contemporary vitality. Their versatility has led them to perform at the...
- Contributor: Los Texmanics
- Date: 2013-09-11
Film, VideoAn-sky Yiddish Heritage Ensemble: Klezmer & Other Yiddish Music from New York The An-sky Yiddish Heritage Ensemble -- renowned Yiddish folk singers Michael Alpert and Ethel Raim, tsimblist (hammered dulcimer player) Pete Rushefsky and violinist Jake Shulman-Ment -- celebrates the hundredth Anniversary of the...
- Contributor: Alpert, Michael - Rushefsky, Pete - Shulman-Ment, Jake - Raim, Ethel
- Date: 2013-06-26