Film, Video Archiving Email: Institutional Approaches to Processing & Archiving Email
About this Item
- Archiving Email: Institutional Approaches to Processing & Archiving Email
- As part of a symposium on archiving email, presenters discuss the technical perspective of email preservation, focusing on the reasons and approaches for the normalization of email archives, strategies for PII and other redaction needs, tools for providing patron access, repository needs, especially ingest, and workflow selections for implementing their technical email archiving solutions.
- June 02, 2015
- - Jaime Schumacher is director of scholarly communication for university libraries at Northern Illinois University and co-PI of the Digital POWRR Project.
- - Lynda Schmitz Fuhrig is electronic records archivist at the Smithsonian Institution Archives.
- - Ricc Ferrante is information technology archivist and director of digital services at the Smithsonian Institution Archives.
- Digital Preservation at the Library of Congress: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/
- 1 hours 17 minutes 35 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Archiving Email: Institutional Approaches to Processing & Archiving Email. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7069/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Archiving Email: Institutional Approaches to Processing & Archiving Email. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7069/.
MLA citation style:
Archiving Email: Institutional Approaches to Processing & Archiving Email. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7069/>.