Film, Video The Marquis: Lafayette Reconsidered
About this Item
- The Marquis: Lafayette Reconsidered
- Author Laura Auricchio provides a comprehensive study of the role of Gilbert du Motier--better known as the Marquis de Lafayette--in both the American and French revolutions.
- Event Date
- June 17, 2015
- - Laura Auricchio is a specialist in 18th-century French history and art who received her undergraduate degree from Harvard University and her Ph.D. from Columbia University. She is dean of the School of Undergraduate Studies at the New School for Public Engagement in New York.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Manuscript Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- Papers of the Marquis de Lafayette in the Library of Congress: ttp://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms997004
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 6 minutes, 9 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Marquis: Lafayette Reconsidered. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7076/.
APA citation style:
(2015) The Marquis: Lafayette Reconsidered. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7076/.
MLA citation style:
The Marquis: Lafayette Reconsidered. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7076/>.