Film, Video Roosevelt's Second Act: The Election of 1940 & the Politics of War
About this Item
- Roosevelt's Second Act: The Election of 1940 & the Politics of War
- Richard Moe discussed his book, "Roosevelt's Second Act: The Election of 1940 and the Politics of War," focusing on Franklin Delano Roosevelt's decision to run a third time, a decision that was far from inevitable.
- Event Date
- November 05, 2015
- - Richard Moe has had a distinguished career in government, law and historic preservation. He served as chief of staff to Vice President Walter Mondale, was a partner in a law firm and has served as president of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 56 minutes, 37 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt's Second Act: The Election of& the Politics of War. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7106/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Roosevelt's Second Act: The Election of& the Politics of War. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7106/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt's Second Act: The Election of& the Politics of War. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7106/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRichard Moe: 2014 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Moe, Richard
- Date: 2014-08-30
Film, VideoCarla Peterson: Black Gotham: A Family History
- Contributor: Peterson, Carla L.
- Date: 2011-04-13
Film, VideoJoel ben Simeon & the Washington Haggadah
- Contributor: Stern, David - Kogman-Appel, Katrin
- Date: 2011-03-23
Film, VideoVivian Ann Davidson Hewitt: The One and Only
- Contributor: Hewitt, Vivian Ann Davidson
- Date: 2011-05-23
Film, VideoAmerican Loyalists in the Revolutionary World
- Contributor: Jasanoff, Maya
- Date: 2011-03-24