Film, Video Using Books & Stories to Strengthen Families: A Multicultural Perspective
About this Item
- Using Books & Stories to Strengthen Families: A Multicultural Perspective
- In conjunction with the American Library Association's national DIA celebration, the Young Readers Center and the Center for the Book convened a symposium to explore how to use culturally diverse literature to support families and teen literacy. Deborah Taylor, coordinator for school and student services of the Enoch Pratt Free Library, moderated a distinguished panel of authors including Kwame Alexander (2015 Newbery Award winner), Meg Medina, Ellen Oh, Gigi Amateau and Tim Tingle.
- Event Date
- April 30, 2015
- Related Resources
- Young Readers Center : http://www.read.gov/yrc/
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 36 minutes, 40 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Using Books & Stories to Strengthen Families: A Multicultural Perspective. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7116/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Using Books & Stories to Strengthen Families: A Multicultural Perspective. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7116/.
MLA citation style:
Using Books & Stories to Strengthen Families: A Multicultural Perspective. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7116/>.