Film, Video African-American Spirituals of the Civil War: Performance Workshop
About this Item
- African-American Spirituals of the Civil War: Performance Workshop
- A spirituals performance workshop led by J. Weldon Norris, director of choruses at Howard University and a leading performer-scholar of spirituals. Part of a symposium on African-American Spirituals of the Civil War.
- Event Date
- March 30, 2013
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 46 minutes, 29 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
African-American Spirituals of the Civil War: Performance Workshop. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7199/.
APA citation style:
(2013) African-American Spirituals of the Civil War: Performance Workshop. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7199/.
MLA citation style:
African-American Spirituals of the Civil War: Performance Workshop. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7199/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAfrican-American Spirituals of the Civil War: Concert
- Contributor: Howard University Chorale - Baltimore City College High School Choir
- Date: 2013-03-30
Film, VideoAfrican-American Spirituals of the Civil War
- Contributor: Norris, J. Weldon - Cornelius, Steven - Perryman, Samuel
- Date: 2013-03-30
Film, VideoListening to Stone: The Art & Life of Isamu Noguchi
- Contributor: Herrera, Hayden
- Date: 2016-03-24
Film, VideoHair Gel & Groupies: Boy Bands in the Library of Congress
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas Alexander
- Date: 2016-02-09
Film, VideoCave of the Heart: Noguchi's Set for the Graham Ballet
- Contributor: Eilber, Janet
- Date: 2016-03-30