Film, Video Mapping the West with Lewis & Clark
About this Item
- Mapping the West with Lewis & Clark
- Authors of s new book discuss the critical role that maps developed during the 1804-1806 expedition of Meriwether Lewis and William Clark played in President Thomas Jefferson's vision of a formidable republic that would no longer be eclipsed by European empires.
- Event Date
- January 19, 2016
- - Ralph E. Ehrenberg is chief of the Library's Geography and Map Division.
- - Herman J. Viola is Smithsonian Institution curator emeritus.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Geography & Map Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/geogmap/
- Rivers, Edens, Empires: Lewis & Clark and the Revealing of America: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/lewisandclark/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 1 minutes, 17 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mapping the West with Lewis & Clark. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7234/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Mapping the West with Lewis & Clark. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7234/.
MLA citation style:
Mapping the West with Lewis & Clark. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7234/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJackie's Nine: Jackie Robinson's Values to Live By
- Contributor: Robinson, Sharon
- Date: 2001-11-06
Film, VideoSodom Laurel Album Explores North Carolina Mountain Community
- Contributor: Amberg, Rob
- Date: 2003-04-21
Film, VideoPatience and Fortitude: A Roving Chronicle of Book People, Book Places and Book Culture
- Contributor: Basbanes, Nicholas
- Date: 2001-11-08
Film, VideoHow to Read and Why
- Contributor: Bloom, Harold
- Date: 2000-06-28
Film, VideoPen of Fire: John Moncure Daniel
- Contributor: Bridges, Peter
- Date: 2002-11-18