Film, Video Juilliard String Quartet
About this Item
- Juilliard String Quartet
- Featured on the concert program were Schubert's "Quartettsatz" in C minor, D. 703, Elliott Carter's String Quartet no. 1, Beethoven's String Quartet in F major, op. 135, and the "Andante cantabile" from Mozart's String Quartet in C major, K. 465 ("Dissonance"). This concert by the Juilliard String Quartet was the final appearance at the Library by retiring cellist Joel Krosnick.
- Event Date
- February 27, 2016
- - Widely known as the quintessential American string quartet, the Juilliard String Quartet was founded in 1946 and has been recognized for the boldness of its interpretation of the classics, with an equal and parallel tradition of championing the new. The Quartet's sound is characterized by clarity of structure, compelling rhythmic drive and a unanimity of purpose, no matter the work at hand. The quartet's members for this performance were Joseph Lin (violin), Ronald Copes (violin), Roger Tapping (viola) and Joel Krosnick (cello).
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 41 minutes 23 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Juilliard String Quartet. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7257/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Juilliard String Quartet. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7257/.
MLA citation style:
Juilliard String Quartet. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7257/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with the Juilliard String Quartet
- Contributor: Juilliard String Quartet
- Date: 2016-02-27
Film, VideoPérez, Cohen, Potter Quintet
- Contributor: Pérez, Cohen, Potter Quintet
- Date: 2018-10-10
Film, VideoArt Kane: Harlem 1958
- Contributor: Golson, Benny - Kane, Jonathan - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2019-10-29
Film, VideoWindSync Concert
- Contributor: Windsync
- Date: 2015-10-24
Film, VideoAn Evening with the Music of Marvin Hamlisch
- Contributor: Jenkins, Capathia - Pinkham, Bryce - Bashor, Whitney - Sperling, Ted - Mendez, Lindsay
- Date: 2015-10-19