Film, Video Library Folklife Collections Orientation for the National Association of Black Storytellers
About this Item
- Library Folklife Collections Orientation for the National Association of Black Storytellers
- Staff in the Library's American Folklife Center hosted an orientation of its collections for members of the National Association of Black Storytellers in Washington, D.C., for the group's annual membership conference.
- Event Date
- November 13, 2015
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 34 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Folklife Collections Orientation for the National Association of Black Storytellers. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7262/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Library Folklife Collections Orientation for the National Association of Black Storytellers. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7262/.
MLA citation style:
Library Folklife Collections Orientation for the National Association of Black Storytellers. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7262/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAncestral Voices Roundtable This panel discussion highlights a collaborative initiative to digitally restore, provide access to and curate the oldest recordings in the Library of Congress collections, the 1890s wax cylinder recordings of the Passamaquoddy...
- Contributor: Saylor, Nicole - Tomah, Dwayne - Soctomah, Donald - Anderson, Jane - Christen, Kim - Shankar, Guha - Peterson, Elizabeth
- Date: 2018-06-04
Film, VideoWomen Documenting the World (Afternoon Session) Afternoon session of a day-long symposium that highlighted, explored and celebrated the contributions of women as ethnographic fieldworkers and scholars. The event called attention to the role of women in establishing many...
- Contributor: Peterson, Elizabeth - Rasmussen, Anne - Harvey, Todd - Groce, Nancy - Taylor, Candacy - Gilman, Lisa - Holmgren, Meredith
- Date: 2019-09-26
Film, VideoVanishing Pasts, Ethnographic Presents and Digital Futures: The Case of the Maasai Audiovisual Archives This international documentary training program is discussed. This program aims to provide indigenous communities with the technical and methodological skills needed to record, maintain and preserve aspects of their traditional cultural heritage...
- Contributor: Shankar, Guha
- Date: 2010-04-07
Film, VideoMississippi Freedom Summer, 1964: Memory, Legacy & the Way Forward The launch of the Civil Rights History Project (CRHP) website was highlighted during this symposium, with remarks by Roberta Shaffer, Rex Ellis, Betsy Peterson, Guha Shankar and Kate Stewart. Following the launch,...
- Contributor: Moses, Robert Parris - Peterson, Elizabeth - Hogan, Wesley - Cobb Jr., Charles E. - Shaffer, Roberta - Stewart, Kate - Ladner, Dorie - Ladner, Joyce - Ellis, Rex - Shankar, Guha
- Date: 2014-05-19
Film, VideoAnuradha Nehru Oral History Kalanidhi Dance Company founder Anuradha Nehru talks about the Indian classical dance form called Kuchipudi.
- Contributor: Kerst, Catherine - Nehru, Anuradha
- Date: 2016-11-14