Film, Video Abdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation
About this Item
- Abdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation
- Abdullah Ibrahim talks with Larry Appelbaum about jazz as part of the Library of Congress Jazz Scholars program.
- April 19, 2016
- - Larry Appelbaum is a reference specialist in the music division of the Library of Congress.
- - A onetime protege of Duke Ellington, Abdullah Ibrahim has become a cultural icon in his native South Africa, through his commitment to expanding music education opportunities and developing the nation's unique jazz scene. Ibrahim served as an inaugural Library of Congress Jazz Scholar during the 2015-2016 concert season, presented in association with the Reva and David Logan Foundation.
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- 1 hours 34 minutes 43 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7374/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Abdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7374/.
MLA citation style:
Abdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7374/>.