Film, Video Preserving American Deaf Culture
About this Item
- Preserving American Deaf Culture
- This panel discussed 100 years of sociolinguistic preservation of American Sign Language and its role in the preservation of culture. Participants also discussed the famous filmed exhortation by George W. Veditz and later events that thrust deaf community and culture to the forefront of media and accessibility awareness.
- Event Date
- April 12, 2016
- Related Resources
- Office of the Librarian : https://www.loc.gov/about/about-the-librarian/
- Running Time
- 36 minutes 33 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Preserving American Deaf Culture. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7405/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Preserving American Deaf Culture. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7405/.
MLA citation style:
Preserving American Deaf Culture. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7405/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMy Grandmother Told Me We Have Indian Blood: Memory, Heritage & Native American Identity
- Contributor: Smithers, Gregory
- Date: 2016-11-02
Film, VideoIf Venice Dies
- Contributor: Wise, Michael - Settis, Salvatore
- Date: 2016-10-27
Film, VideoGirl: My Childhood & the Second World War
- Contributor: Frankel, Alona
- Date: 2016-11-17
Film, VideoItalian Cuisine in the World
- Contributor: Miracco, Renato - Marchetti, Domenica
- Date: 2016-11-14
Film, VideoQuantifying the Soviet Economic & Social Crisis of 1920: Food Supply, Rail Transport, Fuel, Demographics
- Contributor: Kapiloff, Jonathan
- Date: 2016-09-29