Film, Video The Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family
About this Item
- The Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family
- Linda K. Jacobs discusses the story of the first Syrian immigrant family to the United States.
- Event Date
- June 07, 2016
- - Linda Jacobs has a Ph.D. in Near Eastern archaeology and anthropology from the University of Oregon. Her dissertation was on the second millennium settlement patterns of Iran. She has spent much of her professional life working in economic development projects in the Middle East and North Africa region. Jacobs has worked with the Near East Foundation for ten years and continues to serve on its board, as well as serving on the board of the American University of Beirut for three years and the board of the Polytechnic, now the Tandon School at New York University.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 53 minutes, 20 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7430/.
APA citation style:
(2016) The Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7430/.
MLA citation style:
The Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7430/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLife Stories and Memory Making in South Africa
- Contributor: Mazibuko, Nokuthula
- Date: 2007-02-26
Film, VideoWho Speaks for Islam?
- Contributor: Esposito, John
- Date: 2008-04-11
Film, VideoSomali Food Traditions at Thanksgiving
- Contributor: Ali, Barlin
- Date: 2007-11-15
Film, VideoTimbuktu Manuscipts and the Efforts to Maintain the Desert
- Contributor: Haidara, Abdel Kader
- Date: 2003-09-03
Film, VideoThe Art of Splendor: Islamic Luxury Goods
- Contributor: Mack, Rosamond E.
- Date: 2004-04-19