Film, Video America's Political Dynasties: From Adams to Clinton
About this Item
- America's Political Dynasties: From Adams to Clinton
- Stephen Hess discusses his book on political dynasties in the United States. Beginning with John Adams, first U.S. vice president, Hess paints portraits of the men and women who have comprised this country's political elite. He includes the well-known dynasties of the Roosevelts and the Kennedys, as well as the little-known politicians.
- Event Date
- June 16, 2016
- - Stephen Hess is senior fellow emeritus in Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution. His many books include "The Professor and the President: Daniel Patrick Moynihan in the Nixon White House."
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 55 minutes 54 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
America's Political Dynasties: From Adams to Clinton. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7446/.
APA citation style:
(2016) America's Political Dynasties: From Adams to Clinton. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7446/.
MLA citation style:
America's Political Dynasties: From Adams to Clinton. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7446/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWhatever Happened to the Washington Reporters?
- Contributor: Hess, Stephen
- Date: 2013-03-20
Film, VideoAmerican Political Cartoons: 1764-2010
- Contributor: Northrop, Sandy - Hess, Stephen
- Date: 2011-04-27
Film, VideoAct of Congress: How America's Essential Institution Works & How It Doesn't
- Contributor: Kaiser, Robert G.
- Date: 2013-11-19
Film, VideoSatch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson
- Contributor: Gay, Timothy
- Date: 2010-05-05
Film, VideoAfrican American Faces of the Civil War: An Album
- Contributor: Coddington, Ronald S.
- Date: 2013-04-08