Film, Video Luis Alberto Urrea: 2016 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Luis Alberto Urrea: 2016 National Book Festival
- Luis Alberto Urrea discusses "The Water Museum: Stories" at the 2016 Library of Congress Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Event Date
- September 24, 2016
- - Luis Alberto Urrea is a best-selling author of poetry, fiction and essays. He is a distinguished professor of creative writing at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Urrea is also a member of the Latino Literature Hall of Fame, a Pulitzer Prize finalist and a PEN-Faulkner Award finalist. His published works include "The Devil's Highway: A True Story," "Tijuana Book of the Dead," "Nobody's Son: Notes from an American Life," "Queen of America," "The Hummingbird's Daughter" and "The Fever of Being." His most recent book, "The Water Museum: Stories" is a collection of short stories which examine the borders between one nation and another, and between one person and another. Urrea lives with his family in Illinois.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest
- Running Time
- 47 minutes 9 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Luis Alberto Urrea:National Book Festival. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7511/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Luis Alberto Urrea:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7511/.
MLA citation style:
Luis Alberto Urrea:National Book Festival. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7511/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoLuis Alberto Urrea: 2018 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Urrea, Luis Alberto
- Date: 2018-09-01
Film, Video2016 National Book Festival Welcome
- Contributor: McCullough, David - Roberts, Cokie - Rubenstein, David M. - Deaver, Jeffery
- Date: 2016-08-04
Film, VideoStephen King on Literacy
- Contributor: King, Stephen
- Date: 2016-09-24
Film, VideoNational Book Festival Promotion
- Date: 2016-09-21
Film, VideoRep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin: 2016 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Aydin, Andrew - Lewis, John
- Date: 2016-09-24