Film, Video BIBFRAME on the Move
About this Item
- BIBFRAME on the Move
- Beacher Wiggins describes what has been accomplished to date on the Bibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME). Kirk Hess and Paul Frank cover how the BIBFRAME Editor has evolved, including the development of the profiles for metadata input. The session concludes with a briefing from Sally McCallum on what to expect in Phase two of the BIBFRAME Pilot and future training plans detailed by Judith Cannan.
- Event Date
- September 06, 2016
- - Judith Cannan is chief of the Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division at the Library of Congress.
- - Paul Frank is a cooperative cataloging programs specialist in the Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division at the Library of Congress.
- - Kirk Hess is a digital project coordinator in the Network Development and MARC Standards Office at the Library of Congress.
- - Sally McCallum is chief of the Network Development and MARC Standards Office at the Library of Congress.
- - Beacher Wiggins is director for Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access at the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Bibliographic Framework Initiative: https://www.loc.gov/bibframe/
- Linked Data for Production (LD4P): https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74515029 External
- BIBFRAME and the PCC: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/bibframe/bibframe-and-pcc.html
- Running Time
- 1 hours 22 minutes 47 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
BIBFRAME on the Move. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7571/.
APA citation style:
(2016) BIBFRAME on the Move. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7571/.
MLA citation style:
BIBFRAME on the Move. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7571/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBIBFRAME Goes International BIBFRAME, a Library of Congress data model for bibliographic description designed to replace the MARC standards, is seeing activity around the globe. In this presentation, Library staff review current activity of the...
- Contributor: Frank, Paul - Williamschen, Jodi - Wiggins, Beacher - McCallum, Sally - Cannan, Judith - Hawkins, Les
- Date: 2019-04-02
Film, VideoBibliographic Framework Initiative The presenters give an update on the status of the Library of Congress initiative to review the current bibliographic framework to accommodate future needs in a better manner. A major focus of...
- Contributor: Wiggins, Beacher - McCallum, Sally
- Date: 2012-04-02
Film, VideoBibliographic Framework (BIBFRAME) in Action The BIBFRAME Pilot is underway and is a component of a major effort by the Library of Congress to lead the library community into the linked open data world. Developing BIBFRAME requires...
- Contributor: Wiggins, Beacher J. E. - Hill, Karen - McCallum, Sally Hart - Hess, Kirk - Cannan, Judith P. - Baum Sevec, Jennifer - Trail, Nathan
- Date: 2015-10-20
Film, VideoBIBFRAME 2.0, the Library of Congress Pilot & Next Steps Beacher Wiggins highlighted the goals and accomplishments of the Library of Congress' BIBFRAME 2.0 pilot to date and gave an overview of the next steps. Nate Trail discussed the development of the...
- Contributor: Williamschen, Jodi - Trail, Nate - Wiggins, Beacher - Hawkins, Les
- Date: 2018-06-12
Film, VideoBibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME): Update & Practical Applications The Bibliographic Framework Initiative (BIBFRAME) is a major community project that the Library of Congress is leading that will help move the library community into the linked data world. Development of BIBFRAME...
- Contributor: Frank, Paul - Wiggins, Beacher J.E. - Ford, Kevin
- Date: 2014-09-04