Film, Video Mark Padmore Sings Beethoven & Schubert
About this Item
- Mark Padmore Sings Beethoven & Schubert
- World-renowned English Tenor Mark Padmore makes his Library of Congress debut in a recital with pianist Andrew West. On the program are Beethoven's "Mailied," op. 52/4; "Neue Liebe, neues Leben," op. 75/2; "Adelaide," op. 46; An die ferne Geliebte, op. 98; as well as Schubert's song cycle Schwanengesang, D957 & D965a.
- Event Date
- October 17, 2016
- - Tenor Mark Padmore is one of the most sought after vocalists on the international art music scene. A native of London ,he studied at King's College, Cambridge and has received critical acclaim for his work in opera, the concert stage, and vocal recitals. His appearances as the Evangelist in the Bach St. John Passion and St. Matthew Passion with the Berlin Philharmonic have catapulted Padmore into a status as one of the foremost interpreters of the famed vocal roles. He has performed at opera houses such as London's Royal Opera and English National Opera, Glyndebourne, and the Aldeburgh Festival. Orchestral appearances include the London Symphony, London Philharmonic, Vienna Philharmonic, New York Philharmonic, and the Royal Concertebouw Orchestra. He is the 2016 Musical America vocalist of the year and holds an honorary doctorate from Kent University.
- - Pianist Andrew West is professor of accompaniment and chamber music at the Royal Academy of Music in London and is a regular recital partner with singers such as Mark Padmore and Roderick Williams. He is the artistic director of the Nuremberg Chamber Music Festival and was a guest artist at the Australian Festival of Chamber Music in 2016. He is a longtime duo partner of flutist Emily Beynon.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 23 minutes, 41 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mark Padmore Sings Beethoven & Schubert. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7679/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Mark Padmore Sings Beethoven & Schubert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7679/.
MLA citation style:
Mark Padmore Sings Beethoven & Schubert. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7679/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCurtis Chamber Orchestra
- Contributor: Curtis Chamber Orchestra - Spano, Robert
- Date: 2015-03-07
Film, VideoAkademie für alte Musik Berlin
- Contributor: Akademie Fur Alte Musik Berlin
- Date: 2014-04-05
Film, VideoFranz Schubert's "Winterreise"
- Contributor: Drake, Julius - Bostridge, Ian
- Date: 2015-02-07
Film, VideoLeipzig String Quartet
- Contributor: Leipzig String Quartet
- Date: 2015-03-21
Film, VideoJennifer Koh & Reiko Uchida
- Contributor: Koh, Jennifer - Uchida, Reiko
- Date: 2013-05-23