Film, Video Yvette Landry Trio: Cajun Music & Louisiana Honky-Tonk
About this Item
- Yvette Landry Trio: Cajun Music & Louisiana Honky-Tonk
- In this concert Grammy-nominated, award-winning vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, and songwriter Yvette Landry is joined by Richard Comeaux on pedal steel and Beau Thomas on fiddle.
- Event Date
- September 07, 2016
- - Yvette Landry grew up in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, not far from the levees of the Atchafalaya Basin, North America's largest swampland. It was in and around that swamp where she learned to hunt, fish, ride horses, dance, understand French, and tell stories. After earning a master's degree in education and developing a successful teaching career, she began telling stories through song.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 4 minutes 27 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Yvette Landry Trio: Cajun Music & Louisiana Honky-Tonk. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7683/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Yvette Landry Trio: Cajun Music & Louisiana Honky-Tonk. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7683/.
MLA citation style:
Yvette Landry Trio: Cajun Music & Louisiana Honky-Tonk. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7683/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoYvette Landry Trio Oral History
- Contributor: Thomas, Beau - Landry, Yvette - Comeaux, Richard
- Date: 2016-09-07
Film, VideoLatina Storyteller Oral History
- Contributor: Deedy, Carmen Agra - Campillo-Soto, Karla
- Date: 2016-04-07
Film, VideoEsma Redžepova & Folk Masters Play Romani (Gypsy) & Macedonian Music
- Contributor: The Folk Masters - Redžepova, Esma
- Date: 2016-04-20
Film, VideoSoumya Chakraverty & Devapriya Nayak: Traditional Hindustani Music from Virginia
- Contributor: Nayak (Debu), Devapriya - Chakraverty, Soumya
- Date: 2016-05-06
Film, VideoNOKA: Basque Song & Music from California
- Contributor: Noka
- Date: 2016-07-06