Film, Video Ritual Archives
About this Item
- Ritual Archives
- African studies scholar Toyin Omoyeni Falola discussed ritual archives.
- Event Date
- October 27, 2016
- - Toyin Omoyeni Falola is a Nigerian historian and professor of African studies. He holds the Jacob and Frances Sanger Mossiker Chair in the Humanities, at the University of Texas-Austin. He is a member of the Library of Congress Scholars Council, and has been in residence as the Kluge Chair in Countries and Cultures of the South at the Library's John W. Kluge Center.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 22 minutes 12 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ritual Archives. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7711/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Ritual Archives. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7711/.
MLA citation style:
Ritual Archives. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7711/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family
- Contributor: Jacobs, Linda
- Date: 2016-06-07
Film, VideoThe Orthodox Church in Georgia Since Independence
- Contributor: Crego, Paul
- Date: 2016-06-02
Film, VideoWitness, Aleppo: Armenian, Assyrian & Arab Music, Stories & Images from Pre-war Syria
- Contributor: Hamacher, Jason
- Date: 2016-04-22
Film, VideoMalawi Music with Giddes Chalamanda
- Contributor: Chalamanda, Giddes
- Date: 2016-07-05
Film, VideoThe Discovery of Karamanlidika
- Contributor: Constantinou, Constantia
- Date: 2016-09-12