Film, Video Dale Ann Bradley Band
About this Item
- Dale Ann Bradley Band
- Dale Ann Bradley performs some of her compositions together with a tribute to Jean Ritchie and examples of traditional bluegrass songs from Kentucky found in Library of Congress collections.
- Event Date
- December 07, 2016
- - Dale Ann Bradley was born and raised in the coal fields of Kentucky and fell in love with bluegrass music as an early teen. In 1997 she started the Dale Ann Bradley Band, with whom she has recorded seven albums. Bradley writes songs about her upbringing, combining many genres of music, including country and gospel. She has received the International Bluegrass Music Award for female vocalist five times, the Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass Music of America award for female vocalist twice, and many other awards for collaborations. "Pocket Full of Keys," her most recent album which she also produced, was nominated for a Grammy in 2016 for Best Bluegrass Album.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 32 minutes 6 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dale Ann Bradley Band. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7727/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Dale Ann Bradley Band. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7727/.
MLA citation style:
Dale Ann Bradley Band. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7727/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRiley Family Band
- Contributor: Riley Family Band
- Date: 2020-06-24
Film, VideoJohn McCutcheon
- Contributor: McCutcheon, John
- Date: 2020-07-01
- Contributor: Benally, Clayson - Benally, Jeneda - Sihasin
- Date: 2020-07-08
Film, VideoAlasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas
- Contributor: Haas, Natalie - Fraser, Alasdair
- Date: 2020-07-15
Film, VideoEmma Björling & Petrus Johansson
- Contributor: Björling, Emma - Johansson, Peter
- Date: 2020-07-22