Film, Video Queer Iberia: Sexualities & Crossings from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance
About this Item
- Queer Iberia: Sexualities & Crossings from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance
- Josiah Blackmore and Gregory Hutcheson discuss their book "Queer Iberia," which looks at the sexual diversity that proliferated during the period between the 10th and the 16th centuries when political hegemony in the region of Spain and Portugal passed from Muslim to Christian hands.
- Event Date
- October 13, 2016
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 1 minutes 49 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Queer Iberia: Sexualities & Crossings from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7741/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Queer Iberia: Sexualities & Crossings from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7741/.
MLA citation style:
Queer Iberia: Sexualities & Crossings from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7741/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Spanish Reading of Hemingway
- Contributor: Laprade, Douglas
- Date: 2016-10-05
Film, VideoHonoring Our Present, Leading Our Future
- Contributor: Caramona, Richard H.
- Date: 2003-09-17
Film, VideoHispanic Heritage Month Keynote Address
- Contributor: Gonzales, Alberto
- Date: 2006-09-20
Film, VideoWorking with Latin America: Smithsonian Folklife Reflections
- Contributor: Cadaval, Olivia
- Date: 2015-09-22
Film, VideoBernardo de Gálvez: Spain and & American Revolutionary War
- Contributor: Quintero Saravia, Gonzalo M.
- Date: 2015-10-05