Film, Video Poetry Reading & Conversation with Immanuel Mifsud
About this Item
- Poetry Reading & Conversation with Immanuel Mifsud
- Immanuel Mifsud discussed his career and read from his work in an event cosponsored with the Embassy of the Republic of Malta and supported by the Arts Council of Malta in New York.
- Event Date
- February 16, 2017
- - Immanuel Mifsud, a poet and a writer born in Malta in 1967, is the recipient of a number of awards, including the Malta National Award for Prose (2002, 2015), the Malta National Award for Poetry (2015), and the European Union Prize for Literature (2011).
- Related Resources
- European Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/european/
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 28 minutes 9 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Poetry Reading & Conversation with Immanuel Mifsud. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7801/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Poetry Reading & Conversation with Immanuel Mifsud. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7801/.
MLA citation style:
Poetry Reading & Conversation with Immanuel Mifsud. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7801/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAndrás Visky's Barrack Dramaturgy Playwright and essayist András Visky discusses his work and his concept of theater, as described in a recent book, "András Visky's Barrack Dramaturgy."
- Contributor: Visky, András
- Date: 2017-09-26
Film, VideoSystemic Evil: Mat Perez v. the FBI Retired FBI Special Agent Samuel Martinez discusses workplace discrimination based on race, gender or age within government agencies.
- Contributor: Martinez, Samuel
- Date: 2016-11-29
Film, VideoLiving Languages: Preservation & Reclamation of Indigenous Languages Gabriela Peréz Báez discusses surmounting the challenges of linguistic and cultural revitalization. The Smithsonian Institution's Recovering Voices initiative provides source communities access to collections in federal cultural agencies, notably those at the...
- Contributor: Báez, Gabriela Peréz
- Date: 2016-11-17
Film, VideoSoundwaves of Feminism: The Women's Music Movement Women's history professor Bonnie J. Morris discussed on the women's music movement. Her talk explored rare materials and cultural changes introduced onstage by feminist and lesbian artists.
- Contributor: Morris, Bonnie
- Date: 2017-03-08
Film, VideoA Conversation with Author Edoardo Albinati Edoardo Albinati discussed his book, "La Scuola Cattolica" in an event cosponsored by the Embassy of Italy, the Italian Cultural Institute in Washington, New Academia Publishing and Italians in DC/ParoLab.
- Contributor: Albinati, Edoardo
- Date: 2017-02-23