Film, Video Interview with Richard Egarr
About this Item
- Interview with Richard Egarr
- Harpsichordist Richard Egarr discusses Baroque harpsichord repertoire and performance, as well as his work as a conductor, with the Library's Anne McLean. This interview was presented in conjunction with a performance by Egarr at the Library featuring works by Blow, Byrd, Purcell and Sweelinck.
- January 13, 2017
- - Anne McLean is a specialist in the music division of the Library of Congress.
- - Harpsichordist Richard Egarr is the director of the Academy of Ancient Music in London and an associate artist with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra. He frequently appears as a guest conductor with the London Symphony Orchestra, Royal Concertebouw Orchestra, and the Handel and Haydn Society. As a solo harpsichordist he has performed at Wigmore Hall, Carnegie Hall and many other leading venues. His recordings with the Academy of Ancient Music have received Gramophone, MIDEM and Edison awards. He was organ scholar at Clare College Cambridge.
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- 48 minutes 43 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Interview with Richard Egarr. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7809/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Interview with Richard Egarr. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7809/.
MLA citation style:
Interview with Richard Egarr. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7809/>.