Film, Video Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco
About this Item
- Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco
- Panel discussion on the role of music in supporting servicemembers and veterans from the Vietnam era through the present. Cosponsored in association with the Department of Defense Vietnam 50th Anniversary Commemoration Committee. Part of Bibliodiscotheque, a series of programs at the Library of Congress that explores the legacy and impact of disco on popular culture since the 1970s.
- Event Date
- May 05, 2017
- - Nicholas A. Brown is a specialist in the music division of the Library of Congress.
- - Craig Werner is chair of the department of Afro-American Studies at University of Wisconsin-Madison and co-author of "We Gotta Get Out of this Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War."
- - Vietnam veteran Doug Bradley is co-author of "We Gotta Get Out of this Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War."
- - Hugo Keesing is creator of the music anthology "Next Stop Vietnam."
- - Karen Lloyd is director of the Veterans History Project at the American Folklife Center in the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets
- Running Time
- 1 hours 6 minutes 30 seconds
- Online Format
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7814/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7814/.
MLA citation style:
Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7814/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBritten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption In a pre-concert presentation, Nicholas A. Brown discusses 20th Century masters Benjamin Britten and Dimitri Shostakovich.
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2012-11-13
Film, VideoHindemith's Musical Responses to WWI Nick Brown discusses German composer Paul Hindemith, who translated his reflections into poignant musical compositions that address many of the themes that pervade all types of global conflict, including death and loss...
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2017-02-28
Film, VideoThomas Wilkins Interview Thomas Wilkins discussed his career as an orchestral conductor and the opportunities available to American orchestras for reimagining community engagement in the 21st century. This interview was conducted as part of SHIFT:...
- Contributor: Wilkins, Thomas - Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2017-03-28
Film, VideoInterview with Cellist Steven Isserlis Cellist Steven Isserlis discussed his work as a cellist, chamber musician and author, in conjunction with a performance in the Coolidge Auditorium with pianist Connie Shih.
- Contributor: Isserlis, Steven - Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2017-04-21
Film, VideoUS Army MEDEVAC Changemakers A panel of U.S. Army MEDEVAC (medicial evacuation) experts explored ways that Army MEDEVAC technology, safety, quality of care and culture has evolved over time. The panel examined the ways that military...
- Contributor: Roley, Paul - Henry, Chas - Moore, Douglas - Forrester, Nathan - Snyder, Merle - Lloyd, Karen
- Date: 2019-09-10