Film, Video Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco
About this Item
- Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco
- Panel discussion on the role of music in supporting servicemembers and veterans from the Vietnam era through the present. Cosponsored in association with the Department of Defense Vietnam 50th Anniversary Commemoration Committee. Part of Bibliodiscotheque, a series of programs at the Library of Congress that explores the legacy and impact of disco on popular culture since the 1970s.
- Event Date
- May 05, 2017
- - Karen Lloyd is director of the Veterans History Project at the American Folklife Center in the Library of Congress.
- - Hugo Keesing is creator of the music anthology "Next Stop Vietnam."
- - Vietnam veteran Doug Bradley is co-author of "We Gotta Get Out of this Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War."
- - Craig Werner is chair of the department of Afro-American Studies at University of Wisconsin-Madison and co-author of "We Gotta Get Out of this Place: The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War."
- - Nicholas A. Brown is a specialist in the music division of the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 6 minutes, 30 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7814/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7814/.
MLA citation style:
Music & Veterans: The Vietnam Era & Disco. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7814/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBritten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2012-11-13
Film, VideoHindemith's Musical Responses to WWI
- Contributor: Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2017-02-28
Film, VideoThomas Wilkins Interview
- Contributor: Wilkins, Thomas - Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2017-03-28
Film, VideoInterview with Cellist Steven Isserlis
- Contributor: Isserlis, Steven - Brown, Nicholas
- Date: 2017-04-21
Film, VideoEngaging Our Veterans to Preserve Their Histories
- Contributor: Telford, Rachel - Nadal, Jacob - Edwards, Gwenanne - Evers, Jennifer - Lloyd, Karen
- Date: 2018-04-23