Film, Video Songs of Faith and Devotion: Discovery of the K'iche' Coplas in Kislak ms. 1015
About this Item
- Songs of Faith and Devotion: Discovery of the K'iche' Coplas in Kislak ms. 1015
- Kislak Fellow Frauke Sachse discussed Manuscript 1015 in the Library's Jay I. Kislak Collection. This small leather-bound handbook, known as the "K'iche' Coplas," was compiled from different types of texts in several Highland Mayan languages and probably served as a vademecum to a parish priest.
- Event Date
- April 04, 2017
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 54 minutes 24 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Songs of Faith and Devotion: Discovery of the K'iche' Coplas in Kislak ms. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7833/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Songs of Faith and Devotion: Discovery of the K'iche' Coplas in Kislak ms. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7833/.
MLA citation style:
Songs of Faith and Devotion: Discovery of the K'iche' Coplas in Kislak ms. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7833/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video2022 Kluge Prize Announcement Historian George Chauncey will receive the 2022 John W. Kluge Prize for Achievement in the Study of Humanity. Chauncey is the DeWitt Clinton Professor of American History at Columbia University, a position...
- Contributor: Chauncey, George
- Date: 2022-06-22
Film, VideoHow Indigenous Mexicans Engaged with Christian Texts through Art and Literature Ignacio Sanchez Prado interviews Kislak Chair Louise Burkhart on her career studying the ways in which Indigenous Mexicans experienced, engaged with, and manipulated the Christian texts and teachings introduced under Spanish colonial...
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Burkhart, Louise - Sanchez Prado, Ignacio
- Date: 2021-10-21
Film, VideoKluge Prize Address From Recipient Danielle Allen Danielle Allen delivers an address titled "Educating for American Democracy," in which she considers the role of education in fostering a common purpose in American society. At a time when the idea...
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Allen, Danielle - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2021-11-16
Film, VideoSaving the Web: Ethics & Challenges of Preserving the Internet (afternoon) Preserving the contents of the internet is an increasingly vital activity. The web today is an ubiquitous global information system, and yet significant amounts of its contents disappear daily. The average web...
- Contributor: Börner, Katy - Rainie, Lee - Jain, Ramesh - Weber, Matthew - Napoli, Philip - Weller, Katrin - Hendler, James - Hall, Wendy - Schreur, Philip E.
- Date: 2016-06-16
Film, VideoSaving the Web: Ethics & Challenges of Preserving the Internet (morning) Preserving the contents of the internet is an increasingly vital activity. The web today is an ubiquitous global information system, and yet significant amounts of its contents disappear daily. The average web...
- Contributor: Price, Richard - Grotke, Abbie - Milligan, Ian - Cerf, Vint - Bailey, Jefferson - Marciano, Richard - Lazer, David - Hall, Wendy
- Date: 2016-06-16