Film, Video Women in Science
About this Item
- Women in Science
- In honor of Women's History Month, Svetlana Kotliarova discussed the scientific process with Fifth-graders from Hendley Elementary School in Washington, D.C. She read a book about women in science and spoke about her difficult childhood in Russia and her education there and in Japan.
- Event Date
- February 28, 2017
- - Dr. Svetlana Kotliarova is a cancer researcher at the National Institutes of Health.
- Related Resources
- Young Readers Center: //www.read.gov/yrc/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 4 minutes, 40 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Women in Science. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7853/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Women in Science. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7853/.
MLA citation style:
Women in Science. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7853/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWomen in STEM Careers
- Contributor: Kotliarova, Svetlana - Kotliarov, Yuri
- Date: 2018-03-08
Film, VideoJohn Cena Presents Elbow Grease
- Contributor: Cena, John
- Date: 2018-10-12
Film, VideoMac Barnett & Brian Biggs and Noisy Night
- Contributor: Biggs, Brian - Barnett, Mac
- Date: 2017-03-10
Film, VideoSaturday Young Readers Center Grand Opening
- Contributor: Medina, Meg - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2017-01-28
Film, VideoA Time to Act: John F. Kennedy's Big Speech
- Contributor: Corey, Shana
- Date: 2017-05-09