Film, Video Jason Robert Brown in Concert
About this Item
- Jason Robert Brown in Concert
- Modern Broadway legend and Tony Award-winner Jason Robert Brown performed his own music in a rare DC cabaret appearance. His performance continued a storied Library of Congress tradition of musical theater creators performing their own works. The composer was joined by vocalist Shoshana Bean.
- Event Date
- December 09, 2016
- - Jason Robert Brown is a composer, musical director, pianist, and vocalist. His musical theater works include "The Bridges of Madison County," "The Last Five Years," "Parade" (a Tony Award-winner for best score), and "Honeymoon in Vegas." Brown is the recipient of Drama Desk and New York Drama Critics' Circle Awards. He has conducted and created arrangements and orchestrations for Liza Minnelli, John Pizzarelli, Tovah Feldshuh and Laurie Beechman, among many others.
- - Vocalist Shoshana Bean's independent solo releases have topped the iTunes R&B and Blues charts in the U.S. and U.K. in peak positions. Bean is a veteran of the Broadway stage, having made her debut in the original cast of "Hairspray". She has sold out solo concerts around the globe, toured with Postmodern Jukebox, performed alongside Brian McKnight and BeBe Winans, and sang back up for Michael Jackson for his 30th anniversary concert at Madison Square Garden.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 18 minutes, 45 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jason Robert Brown in Concert. 2016. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7862/.
APA citation style:
(2016) Jason Robert Brown in Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7862/.
MLA citation style:
Jason Robert Brown in Concert. 2016. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7862/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoInterview with Jason Robert Brown & Shoshana Bean
- Contributor: Brown, Jason Robert - Bean, Shoshana
- Date: 2016-12-09
Film, VideoConversation with Jason Robert Brown
- Contributor: Brown, Jason Robert
- Date: 2016-12-09
Film, VideoLouis Lortie & Hélène Mercier, Piano
- Contributor: Mercier, Hélène - Lortie, Louis
- Date: 2018-04-11
Film, VideoSolungga Liu Concert
- Contributor: Liu, Solungga
- Date: 2017-11-04
Film, VideoVienna Piano Trio
- Contributor: Vienna Piano Trio
- Date: 2018-02-24