Film, Video Sheila Kay Adams Oral History
About this Item
- Sheila Kay Adams Oral History
- North Carolina ballad singer, banjo player and storyteller Sheila Kay Adams talks about her life and career.
- Event Date
- April 19, 2017
- - Sheila Kay Adams is a seventh-generation singer and storyteller. In addition, Adams is an accomplished clawhammer-style banjo player. Adams began performing in public in her teens, and throughout her career she has performed at festivals, events, music camps and workshops around the country and the United Kingdom, including the acclaimed International Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough, Tennessee, and the 1976 and 2003 Smithsonian Folklife Festival.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 6 minutes 36 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sheila Kay Adams Oral History. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7881/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Sheila Kay Adams Oral History. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7881/.
MLA citation style:
Sheila Kay Adams Oral History. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7881/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSheila Kay Adams North Carolina musician and storyteller Sheila Kay Adams performs.
- Contributor: Adams, Sheila Kay
- Date: 2017-04-19
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends Flory Jagoda, with friends Susan Gaeta, Howard Bass, and Tina Chancey, performs traditional Sephardic music from the former Yugoslavia and other parts of the world as part of the Homegrown Concert Series...
- Contributor: Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007-03-21
Film, VideoOpalanga Pugh: African-American Storytelling from Colorado with Askia Toure on Voice and Drum Opalanga Pugh presents traditional African-American storytelling from Colorado, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Pugh, Opalanga
- Date: 2008-05-28
Film, VideoGary Haleamau: Traditional Hawaiian Music from Las Vegas Gary Haleamau and his band perform traditional Hawaiian slack-key guitar from Nevada, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Haleamau, Gary
- Date: 2008-08-20
Film, VideoThe Bajich Brothers: Tambura Music from Kansas The Bajich Brothers perform tambura music from Kansas, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Brothers, Bajich
- Date: 2008-09-17