Film, Video Broken Cylinders
About this Item
- Broken Cylinders
- Eric Monroe discusses the nature of damage to early wax cylinder audio recordings during storage.
- Event Date
- May 22, 2017
- - Eric Monroe is supervisory physical scientist in the preservation research and testing division of the Library of Congress. He received a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Illinois in 2008. Following postdoctoral work at the University of Alabama-Birmingham and the University of Arizona, he was a chemist in a corporate characterization lab, and came to the Library in 2015.
- Related Resources
- Preservation at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Running Time
- 55 minutes 33 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Broken Cylinders. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7890/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Broken Cylinders. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7890/.
MLA citation style:
Broken Cylinders. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7890/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEnvironment, Housing & Building Materials Testing to Protect Our Collections
- Contributor: Monroe, Eric
- Date: 2020-04-30
Film, VideoIntegrating Analytical Tools in Treatment Decision-making for Verdigris Corrosion
- Contributor: Brostoff, Lynn - Bertonaschi, John - Albro, Sylvia
- Date: 2013-07-10
Film, VideoBuilding a Custom Storage Box
- Contributor: None
- Date: 2017-04-10
Film, VideoFrom Words to Diagrams: Visualization of Historical Bookbinding
- Contributor: Campagnolo, Alberto
- Date: 2017-04-12
Film, VideoOpen Arms: Expanding the Cultural Emergency Preparedness Community
- Contributor: Clareson, Tom
- Date: 2017-04-25