Film, Video World War I Sheet Music at the Library of Congress
About this Item
- World War I Sheet Music at the Library of Congress
- Paul Fraunfelter explores the historical and sociological perspectives of World War I-era commercially & privately published, vanity press and manuscript songs, which are available online. Presented in association with the exhibitions, "World War I: American Artists View the Great War" and "Echoes of the Great War: American Experiences of World War I."
- Event Date
- April 04, 2017
- - Paul Fraunfelter is a digital conversion specialist in the Library of Congress music division. He was a key staff member behind the creation of the World War I sheet music collection at the Library.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- World War I Sheet Music Collection: https://www.loc.gov/collections/world-war-i-sheet-music/about-this-collection/
- Echoes of the Great War: American Experiences of World War I: https://www.loc.gov/exhibitions/world-war-i-american-experiences/about-this-exhibition
- World War I: American Artists View the Great War: http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/american-artists-view-the-great-war/
- Running Time
- 51 minutes, 34 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
World War I Sheet Music at the Library of Congress. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7901/.
APA citation style:
(2017) World War I Sheet Music at the Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7901/.
MLA citation style:
World War I Sheet Music at the Library of Congress. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7901/>.