Film, Video Interview with Cellist Steven Isserlis
About this Item
- Interview with Cellist Steven Isserlis
- Cellist Steven Isserlis discussed his work as a cellist, chamber musician and author, in conjunction with a performance in the Coolidge Auditorium with pianist Connie Shih.
- April 21, 2017
- - Nicholas A. Brown is a music specialist at the Library of Congress.
- - Acclaimed worldwide for his profound musicianship and technical mastery, British cellist Steven Isserlis enjoys a distinguished career as a soloist, chamber musician, educator, author and broadcaster. As a concerto soloist he appears regularly with the world's leading orchestras and conductors, recent engagements including performances with the Berlin Philharmonic, Budapest Festival, Philharmonia, Cleveland, Minnesota, Zurich Tonhalle and NHK Symphony Orchestras.
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- 36 minutes 8 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Interview with Cellist Steven Isserlis. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7924/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Interview with Cellist Steven Isserlis. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7924/.
MLA citation style:
Interview with Cellist Steven Isserlis. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7924/>.