Film, Video Ledward Kaapana: Hawaiian Music
About this Item
- Ledward Kaapana: Hawaiian Music
- Master Hawaiian slack key guitarist, ukelele player and vocalist Ledward Kaapana performs in concert.
- July 05, 2017
- - Ledward "Led" Kaapana is a master of the two leading string instruments in Hawaii: the Hawaiian ukulele and ki ho'alu, the slack key guitar, a fingerstyle guitar art form that originated in Hawaii. This talent, combined with his vocal skills in the baritone and leo ki'eki'e (falsetto) range, have made him a legendary performer who has been entertaining audiences in Hawaii and abroad for more than 40 years. He was awarded a National Heritage Fellowship by the National Endowment for the Arts in 2011.
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Ledward Kaapana Oral History: https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/feature_wdesc.php?rec=7954
- 1 hours 3 minutes 28 seconds
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ledward Kaapana: Hawaiian Music. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7950/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Ledward Kaapana: Hawaiian Music. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7950/.
MLA citation style:
Ledward Kaapana: Hawaiian Music. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7950/>.