Film, Video BeauSoleil Quartet Oral History
About this Item
- BeauSoleil Quartet Oral History
- Members of the BeauSoleil Quartet discussed their lives and musical careers.
- Event Date
- June 28, 2017
- - For four decades the BeauSoleil Quartet has taken traditional ingredients -- waltzes, two-steps, soulful Cajun French lyrics, hot fiddle licks and irresistible accordion -- and spiced them up with eclectic percussion, acoustic guitar in both finger-picked and flat-picked styles and an open and creative attitude toward the music. BeauSoleil was the first Cajun band to win a Grammy Award (1998) and added a second in 2008. In 2011 the quartet was inducted into the Louisiana Music Hall of Fame.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- BeauSoleil Quartet Concert: https://www.loc.gov/today/cyberlc/feature_wdesc.php?rec=7949
- Running Time
- 55 minutes, 50 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
BeauSoleil Quartet Oral History. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7957/.
APA citation style:
(2017) BeauSoleil Quartet Oral History. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7957/.
MLA citation style:
BeauSoleil Quartet Oral History. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7957/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBeauSoleil Quartet: Cajun Music from Louisiana
- Contributor: Beausoleil Quartet
- Date: 2017-06-28
Film, VideoMargaret MacArthur
- Contributor: Macarthur, Margaret
- Date: 2005-06-21
Film, VideoThe Birmingham Sunlights
- Contributor: Sunlights, Birmingham
- Date: 2005-12-07
Film, VideoDineh Tah Navajo Dancers
- Contributor: Navajo Dancers, Dineh Tah
- Date: 2005-11-16
Film, VideoBenton Flippen and the Smokey Valley Boys
- Contributor: Benton Flippen and the Smokey Valley Boys
- Date: 2005-08-17