Film, Video Flowing Tides: Musical Memory, History and Global Culture in County Clare, Ireland
About this Item
- Flowing Tides: Musical Memory, History and Global Culture in County Clare, Ireland
- Gearóid Ó hAllmhuráin discussed his book, "Flowing Tides: History and Memory in an Irish Soundscape."
- Event Date
- July 11, 2017
- - Gearóid Ó hAllmhuráin is a leading authority in Irish traditional music, history, memory and diaspora research. He is a prolific writer, speaker and performer. A five-time All Ireland Champion uilleann piper, concertina player and former member of Ireland's legendary Kilfenora Céilí Band, he has presented more than 1,000 concerts on four continents during the past 30 years.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 5 minutes, 8 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Flowing Tides: Musical Memory, History and Global Culture in County Clare, Ireland. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7968/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Flowing Tides: Musical Memory, History and Global Culture in County Clare, Ireland. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7968/.
MLA citation style:
Flowing Tides: Musical Memory, History and Global Culture in County Clare, Ireland. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7968/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOpen Mic: Stories from StoryCorps
- Contributor: Peterson, Elizabeth - Lopez, Felix - Todd, Stacey - Groce, Nancy - Cooper, Talya - Blech, Naomi
- Date: 2016-04-26
Film, VideoImprovising a Musical Metropolis: Detroit, 1940s-1960s
- Contributor: Slobin, Mark
- Date: 2016-05-12
Film, VideoThe Transformative Power of Storytelling: A Social Force for Social Change
- Contributor: Sirah, Kiran Singh
- Date: 2016-05-25
Film, VideoHome Canning: Cultural Narratives, Technological Change & the Status of Traditional Knowledge
- Contributor: Christensen, Danille
- Date: 2016-07-19
Film, VideoCanaries, Nightingales, Whistlers & Transcribers: Birdsong, Bird-Imitators & the Early 20th-Century Recording Industry
- Contributor: Nagoski, Ian
- Date: 2016-08-02