Film, Video Kamal al Mulk & the Invention of the Modern Iranian Landscape
About this Item
- Kamal al Mulk & the Invention of the Modern Iranian Landscape
- Layla Diba spoke about Kamal al Mulk, Iran's first modern painter in the 19th century Qajar dynasty and the modernizing trends in Iranian contemporary painting tradition.
- Event Date
- April 11, 2017
- - Layla Diba is an independent scholar, art advisor, former chief curator of the Negarestan Museum in Tehran (1975-79) and the Hagop Kevorkian Curator of Islamic Art at the Brooklyn Museum of Art.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 12 minutes, 55 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kamal al Mulk & the Invention of the Modern Iranian Landscape. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7973/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Kamal al Mulk & the Invention of the Modern Iranian Landscape. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7973/.
MLA citation style:
Kamal al Mulk & the Invention of the Modern Iranian Landscape. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7973/>.