Film, Video Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de la Luna
About this Item
- Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de la Luna
- El XXV Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de la Luna is a Spanish-language poetry marathon gathering poets together from Latin America, Spain and Portugal. This year's Maratón brought the following poets: Ricardo Ballón (Bolivia), João Luís Barreto Guimaraes (Portugal), Mario Bencastro (El Salvador), Tracy K. Lewis (Paraguay), José Mármol (República Dominicana), Elena Medel (Spain), Balam Rodrigo (Mexico) and Yrene Santos (Dominican Republic). This event is co-hosted annually with the Teatro de la Luna in Arlington, Va.
- Event Date
- June 09, 2017
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 2 hours 6 minutes 32 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de la Luna. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7978/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de la Luna. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7978/.
MLA citation style:
Maratón de Poesía del Teatro de la Luna. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7978/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoIllicit: How Smugglers, Traffickers and Copycats are Hijacking the Global Economy Moises Naim gave a talk about his book "Illicit: How Smugglers, Traffickers and Copycats Are Hijacking the Global Economy" in a program sponsored by the Library's Hispanic Division. His book is based...
- Contributor: Naim, Moises
- Date: 2007-03-28
Film, VideoJosé Gervasio Artigas & the Independence of Uruguay Uruguayan historian and author Gerardo Caetano discusses José Gervasio Artigas and his role in the Independence of Uruguay in the 1800s.
- Contributor: Caetano, Gerardo
- Date: 2013-08-27
Film, VideoA Poetry Reading by Richard Blanco American poet and teacher Richard Blanco delighted readers with his work. Blanco recited his poem, "One Today" at President Obama's second inauguration. He is the first immigrant, the first Latino, the first...
- Contributor: Blanco, Richard
- Date: 2013-05-17
Film, VideoTeatro de la Luna's 19th Poetry Marathon In this celebration of words, the only Spanish-language poetry marathon in the country, renowned Spanish-language poets were accompanied by audience members of all ages who recited, read or interpreted their own work...
- Date: 2011-04-22
Film, VideoMalinche & Women in the Conquest of Mexico Gladys Ilarregui reads and discusses her poetry in Spanish.
- Contributor: Ilarregui, Gladys
- Date: 2011-03-28