Film, Video Dianne Reeves Interview
About this Item
- Dianne Reeves Interview
- Grammy Award-winning vocalist Dianne Reeves discusses her career and interpretations of Ella Fitzgerald's music. This interview was filmed in conjunction with Reeves' concert at the Library, "Dianne Reeves Sings Ella," a commemoration of Ella Fitzgerald's centennial. The Library of Congress holds the Ella Fitzgerald Collection.
- Event Date
- March 31, 2017
- - Dianne Reeves is one of the preeminent jazz vocalists in the world today and has received the Grammy for Best Jazz Vocal Performance for three consecutive recordings -- a Grammy first in any vocal category. Featured in George Clooney's six-time Academy Award-nominated "Good Night, and Good Luck," Reeves won her fourth of five Best Jazz Vocal Grammys for the film's soundtrack. Reeves has performed with Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Daniel Barenboim and the Berlin Philharmonic. She was the first creative chair for jazz for the Los Angeles Philharmonic, the first singer to ever perform at the famed Walt Disney Concert Hall and has performed at the White House on many occasions.
- - Larry Appelbaum is a senior music reference specialist in the music division of the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 1 minutes, 15 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dianne Reeves Interview. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7987/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Dianne Reeves Interview. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7987/.
MLA citation style:
Dianne Reeves Interview. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7987/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAbdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation
- Contributor: Ibrahim, Abdullah - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2016-04-19
Film, VideoConversation with Ingrid Monson
- Contributor: Monson, Ingrid - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2017-03-06
Film, VideoJazz Conversation: Ron Carter & Larry Appelbaum
- Contributor: Carter, Ron - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2012-10-17
Film, VideoJazz Scholar John Szwed
- Contributor: Szwed, John - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2017-04-17
Film, VideoMaria Schneider on the Creative Process
- Contributor: Appelbaum, Larry - Schneider, Maria
- Date: 2016-04-12