Film, Video Habitat
About this Item
- "Habitat" -- an exploration of how technology influences the ways we create, perform and experience music -- was a multi-artist project realized at the National Gallery of Art in 2013. The creators of the project spoke about the planning and execution of the work, with a special performance of three movements from "Habitat" at the close of the program. Speakers included Steve Antosca (composer and conceptual designer) [00:24], William Brent (audio technology) [28:21] and Ross Karre (percussion and video) [52:44]. Selections from the performance included "opening" [1:05:39], "household" [1:14:44] and "triangles" [1:18:33].
- Event Date
- May 16, 2015
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 24 minutes 28 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Habitat. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7999/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Habitat. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7999/.
MLA citation style:
Habitat. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-7999/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoForum on Artists and Technology
- Contributor: Antosca, Steve - Delio, Thomas - Reynolds, Roger
- Date: 2010-03-03
Film, VideoAllen Toussaint & Larry Appelbaum
- Contributor: Toussaint, Allen - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2007-11-07
Film, VideoGeorge Crumb & David Starobin
- Contributor: Crumb, George - Starobin, David
- Date: 2011-04-28
Film, VideoRonen Givony & Tyondai Braxton
- Contributor: Braxton, Tyondai - Givony, Ronen
- Date: 2011-03-10
Film, VideoHarold Meltzer & William Anderson
- Date: 2012-02-03