Film, Video Poet Antjie Krog
About this Item
- Poet Antjie Krog
- South African poet & writer Antjie Krog discussed and read from her work.
- Event Date
- September 28, 2017
- - Antjie Krog has won major awards in poetry, journalism, fiction and translation. Her work has been translated into English, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish and Serbian. Krog has translated Nelson Mandela's autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom," works by Henk van Woerden and Tom Lanoye, as well as a selection of South African verse written in the indigenous African languages into Afrikaans. This was followed by a reworking of narratives in the extinct language /Xam into Afrikaans poems in "Die Sterre Se 'tsau'" and English poems in "The Stars Say 'tsau'."
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 9 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Poet Antjie Krog. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8127/.
APA citation style:
(2017) Poet Antjie Krog. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8127/.
MLA citation style:
Poet Antjie Krog. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8127/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMandlakayise C. Matyumza
- Contributor: Matyumza, Mandlakayise
- Date: 2012-09-25
Film, VideoAmadou Koné
- Contributor: Koné, Amadou
- Date: 2013-09-25
Film, VideoAbdourahman Waberi
- Contributor: Waberi, Abdourahman
- Date: 2013-11-14
Film, VideoConversations with African Poets and Writers: Chinelo Okparanta
- Contributor: Okparanta, Chinelo
- Date: 2015-02-03
Film, VideoThe Growing of Africa's Emergent Leadership
- Contributor: Akerele, Olubanke King
- Date: 2015-03-26