Film, Video To Explore Strange New Worlds: NASA's Small Steps & Giant Leaps in Understanding Worlds Beyond
About this Item
- To Explore Strange New Worlds: NASA's Small Steps & Giant Leaps in Understanding Worlds Beyond
- NASA's Padi Boyd talked about the thousands of planets discovered beyond our solar system and the evolving view of our place in the universe.
- November 02, 2017
- - Padi Boyd is chief of the Exoplanets and Stellar Astrophysics Laboratory at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and director of the Guest Investigator Program for the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) Mission, a NASA Explorer Mission launching in 2018. She has been involved with the Kepler mission to survey our region of the Milky Way galaxy for earth-sized and smaller planets and was the deputy project scientist for operations on the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Science, Technology & Business Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- 1 hours 3 minutes 47 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
To Explore Strange New Worlds: NASA's Small Steps & Giant Leaps in Understanding Worlds Beyond. 2017. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8141/.
APA citation style:
(2017) To Explore Strange New Worlds: NASA's Small Steps & Giant Leaps in Understanding Worlds Beyond. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8141/.
MLA citation style:
To Explore Strange New Worlds: NASA's Small Steps & Giant Leaps in Understanding Worlds Beyond. 2017. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-8141/>.